My daughter, Chisom is 5 years Old



On September 25, my daughter Chisom turns five years old to the glory of God. This is for her!





They say “Only God is Perfect,”

Yet, your coming to the world,

Was perfect.



Arriving at the Perfect time,

Perfected by The Perfect One,

That placed you in my hands.



In a Perfect September 25,

My Perfect September Gift,

In a Perfect September morning,

One thousand and ninety five days, today.



Bringing to the world, a joy unknown,

Joy unknown, till that Perfect September morning,

You brought a world of wonder,

A mystery yet to be unravelled,

Wonders of creation.



No words as yet sweet and melodious,

As your first words “Daddy! Daddy!!”.

And when you say, as you used to say

“My Daddy’ll buy me yoghurt!”

I see in your eyes Perfect confidence,

That I can’t fail you.



It is not I, who never fails you,

It is The Perfect One,

The One that put you in my hands.



As the seconds get to minutes,

And the hours to days,

From the weeks to months,

And from year to year,

As you blossom from baby to kid,

From lady to Matriarch of blessed home,

The Perfect One that put you in my care,

On a Perfect September morning,

Has perfected your days,

And years to come,

A future well prepared for a queen like you.









As I raise my hands in praise,

All my mouth could say,

The Perfect One, thank you,

As Chisom is Five Today.

 
(C) Paul Uwadima








Comments

Popular Posts